So I didn’t get my list done. I mostly blame that whole campaign thing. Did you know you barely have time to breathe when you’re working on a campaign, let alone go shooting or ride horses or take a helicopter ride? Then the whole drama of coming home and everyone needing to readjust to the normal again.
Plus the holidays.
But it’s not the first time I’ve set out to do something and failed, and it certainly won’t be the last. So Imma gonna keep my list and try to keep on trying new things, because what’s the point of life if you don’t?
I haven’t been blogging much recently because … well because I haven’t really felt like it. There’s personal drama. A few of my closest friends are going through their own dramas. My political party is basically a circular firing squad at the moment, and everyone’s either yelling or ignoring each other. My taxes are going up.
“Hey everyone! Things are sorta crappy right now, but thanks for stopping by!” <– Didn’t seem appropriate. Neither did putting on a fake happy face and pretending everything’s hunky-dory. So I’ve shared a story here or there about something cool that happened, but I haven’t been sharing the ins-and-outs of my life like I normally do, mostly because there hasn’t been that much worth sharing.
SEE?? NOW I’M DEPRESSING MYSELF. Gah.
So here’s what I know:
- Barrack Obama only has one term left
- This too shall pass
- Getting older is better than the alternative, which is dying
- I have some amazing friends that I wouldn’t trade for their weight in gold (that’s saying something in this economy)
- My girls are amazing
Thing 2 cute story — This morning she hopped into bed with me after Leif went to work, and while nuggling asked me, “Mommy? You wanna know who I love more than even you and Daddy?”
“Who’s that, baby?”
“My sissy. Because she always knows how to calm me down when I’m crying, and then she makes me laugh.”
My heart melted. I want nothing more than for my girls in this life to be close to each other, so moments like this totally rock.
Other things I know:
- Ashley is going to visit me in a few weeks — YAY!
- Duck Dynasty is one of the greatest shows on TV right now
- Convincing myself that cheese for lunch is a good idea because it’s not carbs is backfiring in the form of tight waistbands
- I’m going to have to start running again
- Something about endorphins
I just got off the phone with Justin, and mentioned my lament about my 30 List. He said, “Hey, you’ll still be in your 30th year, so you have time!” I told him he was wrong, it would be my 31st year, since a baby is in it’s first year of life, and immediately replied, “Well, by Obama math…” See? I have awesome friends.
More things I know:
- Nancy is taking me out for my bday tomorrow
- My mom is taking me out Sunday
- Leif is staying home from work on Monday (the BIG day)
- It’s atrocious that I have to turn 30 on a Monday
- I looked it up, and at least I get to turn 40 on a Saturday
- My dog desperately needs a bath
- Sniff sniff … I, um, could probably use a bath too
Here’s to a better 2013, everyone!