Hi, my name is Jenny, and I’m going to be 30 years old in less than five months. To say I’m a wee bit freaked out about this would be an understatement. I could lie and be all, “Yeah, 30 is the new 20, bring it,” but I’d rather keep it real.
It’s just that I’ve always been the Young one, the Mature one. Now my years are getting a bit more mature. I mean, some days I still feel seventeen, the age I was when I declared that 30 was old. When you turn 30, you’re a really real grown-up, not some 20-something pretending to be one.
So now I’ve come to the place where I’m screaming in my brain HOLY CRAP GIRL WOMAN, YOU’RE ALMOST 30 AND WHAT HAVE YOU ACCOMPLISHED? Ok, I have done a lot of cool things. I’ve hit a decade of marriage. I have two beautiful little girls. A job I love.
But there are some things I’d like to do before I hit the big 3-0 next January. I’ll write about each one and link you to the experience, so you can follow along and marvel at my adventurous spirit. And by that, I mean laugh at the number of times I fall on my hiney, because I never claimed to be graceful.
Without further ado, here’s a list – in no particular order – of 30 Things I want to do before I turn 30. Wish me luck!
New York CityLas Vegas at Christmas
- Ride a horse not on a trail ride at junior high summer camp
- Shoot a gun
- Finish writing the book in my head
- Start Vlogging
- Take a wine tasting class
- Get a tattoo
- Play the lotto
- Ride a mechanical bull
- Learn to roll sushi
- Stargaze at the Palomar Observatory
- Be called a babe by Rush Limbaugh … on air
- Read at least one Jane Austen novel in its entirety
- Go to a
professionalcollege football game (at a sports bar)
- Visit a farm and milk a cow
- Buy a bottle of Cristal to share with friends
- Learn the steps to at least one ballroom dance
- Ride in a helicopter
- Visit a ‘You Pick’ orchard and pick too much fruit
- Be featured on cable news
- Memorize Lincoln’s second inaugural address
- Watch The Godfather Trilogy
- Figure out Photoshop
- Sew a dress … and wear it in public
Helpwork for a Republican presidential candidate beatagainst a Democratic incumbent
- Try oysters